Our April meeting was awesome! We had a full house with 35 members and 4 visitors in attendance. Welcome to visitors Erica D., Nikki L., Linda S., and Margie R. There were several fun meeting activities (see below) and the April Show and Tell was vibrant and inspiring! Our guild overflows with talent!
April meeting Show and Tell! Thanks to Abbey J. for the photos and Gale W. for coordinating the Show and Tell line up!
The April POSTCARD challenge initiated by Angie W. was wonderful! Many members made fabulous small art and everyone enjoyed the swap!
Members also turned in cute Candy theme fabric strip blocks for another April/May challenge introduced by Jennifer R.! The blocks will definitely make a bright and cheerful kids quilt for a community outreach donation! The rest of these blocks are due at the May meeting.
82 amazing hand stitched flower blocks were brought in at the March & April meetings for the Maryann M. block challenge! She’ll be working with the guild for ideas to showcase all of our fun hand stitching.
The April iron travel tote class was taught by members Margaret P. and Kathy M. We can’t wait to see all the cute totes at the May show and tell! BIG THANKS to Margaret and Kathy for a well done class!!
MAY Announcements/Challenges/Activities: As the guild grows we want to have a variety of optional activities. Please keep in mind that members are free to pick and choose to participate in only what interests them most.
- FAT QTR TOSS is the new MAY challenge set by Angie W. ! Members are asked to bring 2 fat quarters (1 solid and 1 print) to the May meeting. Members may want to practice their tossing technique as the winner takes ALL!!
- Candi’s fund raiser group quilt blocks are due at May meeting! Many members already turned in blocks and they look great! It’s exciting that we’ll have a group quilt to enter in Quiltfest Jax and Quiltcon 2024!
- Candy theme fabric strip blocks are due at the May meeting!
- Opportunity tickets for the longarm services donation by member Jennifer R. will be available at the May meeting. The drawing will be held at the end of the meeting. Thanks to Jennifer for her generosity!
- Improv quilt along (on going). Adele R. will be setting up virtual meetings for fun improv sewing and chatting!
April meeting winners: Congratulations to Sarah S. who won the meeting door prize! Diane S. won a Willie Nillie doll (made and donated by Robbin N.). Our lucky 50/50 winner was Deb B.
- May 6: Caroline Oneto Watercolor ZOOM workshop (registration required)
- Next guild meeting is MAY 21. This is earlier in month due to Memorial Day holiday. The meeting program will be quilt judging lecture by Lisa Shreck and will start promptly at 2pm.
- Note: There are no group sewing Saturday’s scheduled in the month of May.
Thanks to all of our members for sharing your talent, making contributions, and volunteering your time! All your efforts result in fun and enjoyable guild meetings for everyone!