It seems like each JAXMQG meeting is more fun and exciting than the previous month! Well, our March meeting was no exception as the meeting was sew creative and energetic with 42 members and 7 visitors in attendance! Just look at how excited Kim B. was to attend the March meeting!
Check out the photos from our amazing member Show n Share portion of the meeting! Our members are so very talented and create so many awesome quilts!
(photos taken by A. Rivers and compiled by A. Junker!)
Announcements/Challenges/Activities: As the guild grows we want to have a variety of optional activities. Please keep in mind that members are free to pick and choose to participate in only what interests them most.
- Fabric postcards due April meeting! Angela W. challenged guild members to make a fun 4 x 6 postcard. The postcard can be made in any style you like with cardstock paper back and a finished edge (zig zag or binding/facing). Sign the back of your card and include a positive quilting message. Postcards will be swapped at the April meeting!
- Hand sewn flower blocks due at April meeting! This block was introduced by Maryann M. at the February meeting. Several stunning blocks were already turned in at the March meeting! There is still time to turn in blocks at the April meeting. The guidelines for making these blocks were sent with the March newsletter.
- Candy fabric strip blocks due at May meeting! Jennifer R. initiated a CANDY themed fabric strip block! Interested members took candy strips and can add additional fabrics to sew a block. The blocks will be made into a fun kids quilt.
- Fund raiser group quilt blocks due at May meeting ! Our president Candi announced a very exciting fund raiser quilt that can be entered in JAX Quiltfest and even Quiltcon 2024 group categories. Interested members signed up to receive fabric/instruction kits! Members who would like to participate but didn’t get a block kit can email Candi. Thanks to Candi for the fun idea, fabric donations, and organizing kits! Also thanks to D. Slaughter for assisting with the sign ups!
- Improv quilt along (on going). Adele will be setting up more virtual meetings for fun improv sewing and chatting!
Meeting program: Deb B. presented an informative demo of how she uses software and the process to turn photos into a collage quilt pattern. Deb is truly an amazing fabric collage artist. In 2022 Deb taught a collage class and the live video is on jaxmqg members only facebook page. She will also be teaching whimsical & funky fabric faces collage this fall!
MARCH winners: Congratulations to Diane S. who won the meeting door prize and Donna T. was the very lucky winner of the 50/50 opportunity fundraiser drawing!
- Saturday group Sew Day April 8 at South Mandarin Branch library from 10 -5.
- Saturday group Sew Day April 15 at Pablo Creek Regional library from 10 -2:30
- Next guild meeting is APRIL 30. The meeting program will be announced in the next newsletter Candi will send to guild members.