The JAXMQG February meeting was quite fabulous! We had a vibrant gathering attended by 36 members and 6 visitors! We were delighted to welcome several visitors and hope they will return as members : C. Baker, J. Carroll, M. Ramsdell, G. Broughton, L. Ross, and Jeannie G. There was a lively mix & mingle activity to encourage members to branch out and get to know each other better.
Check out the colorful and fun quilts shown by our members- there were alot of WOW moments!
- Based on member interest the Saturday group sewing days will now be scheduled for multiple locations! Upcoming schedule:
- April 8 10 am at the South Mandarin branch library ( Community Room A&B ).
- April 15 10am at the Pablo Creek Regional library (Community room B)
- The guild newsletters will always provide details for group sewing days!
- Reminder : Notify Candi if you are attending QUILTCON and want to connect with the JAXMQG group in Atlanta!
- M. Bartlett announced the South Georgia quilt show in Kingland, GA happening on March 4. S. Boudreau announced that several JAXMQG members will be working at the Quilts of Valor booth!
- If you are attending the Daytona AQS show say hello to E. Vallorani and P. King at Bee’s quilt shop booth!
- The March 26 meeting will begin with a special quilt judging talk by guest speaker Lisa Shreck!
- S. Doaner reminder members to complete the membership form and return to her! This is a very important step to ensure your membership is active at the MQG level. Big thanks to S. Doaner for doing an awesome job managing our membership!!!!
- The March 18 Cindy Grisdela freehand curves class is sold out!
Guild Challenge block (due at MARCH meeting)! Donna T. announced the next block challenge: Make one 12.5 block with 2 colors and insert a contrasting diagonal strip! The blocks will be assembled for a future charity quilt!
Block of the Month (due at April meeting): MaryAnn Mings announced a very fun project due by the April meeting. Full details will be included in upcoming newsletter. Each block is 6.5 inches with a folk art style HAND SEWN circle flower, stem, and two leaves using scraps– no machine piecing required!! Particpating members encouraged to make FOUR blocks! But one block is better than none!!
- K. Blalock reminded members to log their quilty donations each month.
- 14 quilts were turned in at the meeting for charity donations! Our guild members are so generous!
- M. Partyka shared a thank you note sent to JAXMQG for the many quilts donated for “backpacks of love:”
Meeting program: Many thanks to R. Knapp who presented a nifty demo on How to make a quilt sandwich with pool noodles and pinmoors! The technique is very efficent with no crawling on the floor! Members were quite fascinated with her demo!
BIG congratulations S. Williams and G. Broughton who each won meeting door prizes!!!
R. Neff was the very lucky winner of the 50/50 opportunity fundraiser drawing!
- March 18 Cindy Grisdela free hand curve class for members with paid registration
- Next guild meeting is March 26
- Saturday group Sew Day April 8 at South Mandarin Branch library
- Saturday group Sew Day April 15 at Pablo Creek Regional library –