May 2018 Meeting Minutes
Members attending: Kate Alicea, Becky Craig, Yvonne DaCunha-Wecker, Paula Hagan, Margaret Partyka, Mary Schramm, Franci Sheffield, Cindy Souders.
Visitors attending: Stephanie Overbaugh
The April 2018 Meeting Minutes were accepted as posted on the blog. A motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes; the minutes were accepted by all members.
Yvonne provided the Treasure’s Report.
Robin McCallister has stepped down as Secretary. Cindy Souders volunteered to be the new Secretary.
Old Business updates:
- Made of Honor Quilts Workshop
- To be held on June 9
- 15 have paid for workshop
- 4 are unpaid
- Workshop is limited to 20 people
- 904 Challenge postponed until June
- Quiltcon 2019
- Class list released in the next week or two. This gives you a chance to decide which classes you want. Sign up as soon as possible because classes are limited.
- MQG has a theme and color palette every year for a charity quilt – this year is “Small Piecing”
- Quilt Fest
- There is a $15 fee to enter a quilt in Quilt Fest by 7/25/18. Anyone can enter. Quilts will be turned in in September. To enter in July you need a name, size, and story about the quilt – no photo at that point. Not juried. Let’s enter!! There’s no modern category so let’s have a presence!!
- A Retreat in October is in the planning stage. Look for updates!
- Comfort quilts for fallen police officers – we had a local officer killed in a car accident recently. @craftycop is heading up this project – we will see if we can make a quilt locally and gift it without having to go through her.
- RK Blocks: we will work on this at the June meeting.
Show and Tell:
- Yvonne: Murder Mystery Quilt, May Block, Libs Elliott – free pattern on Andover Fabrics website called “Wildflower”, center of a round robin quilt
- Kate: made her sisboom tank top and center for round robin
- Paula, Kate and Yvonne are doing a round robin with the same fabric. It will be interesting to see how different the quilts will come out.
- Congratulations to our Kate Alicea!!! Jennnifer Paganelli has a Free Spirit fabric line coming out in the Fall and one of the prints is named after Kate.
- Franci won the drawing for last month’s UFO- heat press batting together
- Kate won this month’s drawing- scissors and magnet
Our next meeting will be on June 24 at the new Atlantic Beach location from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m.
May 27, 2018